Thursday, August 25, 2005

UNRAVELING THE STEWART REYNOLDS MYSTERY
After reading Stewart's somewhat baffling e-mail to Chart, that was forwarded on to me, I contacted him myself to figure out if I knew him. Below is the transcript of our online conversation:

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve McLean
To: stewart@brittlestar.ca
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:30 PM
Subject: Thank you

Hi Stewart.
I hope that you enjoyed my Big Mac scraps, and thank you for thinking that it was newsworthy.
Cheers,
Steve

His reply:

Hi Steve,
You are most welcome.
I believe that these sorts of historic moments should be noted and archived. Which I believe Aaron has already done, though I'm not sure if 'archived' was the word he used.
To help you remember back to the heady days of 1984. I was part of the Empty Shells. The 'cute one' as I was known...or was it the 'funny one'...I'm not sure.
Your displays of total irresponsibility from that time have stuck with me to this day. I have used them countless times as a cautionary tale for my own children.
I have recently been involved in a going musical concern called Brittlestar. You can rest easy in the knowledge that your influence has had no influence on that particular aspect of my life.
I truly hope you are well and that if you ever need a hug, you will call upon someone else.
;o)
stewart
www.brittlestar.com

How could I have forgottten the "cute one" from the Empty Shells? His web site address is actually www.brittlestar.ca. I checked it out, and his brand of pop music is pretty good. Stewart worked with Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy on his new album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Either he had a crush on you or he hated you and still hasn't quite gotten over it, I can't tell which, or perhaps a little of both??

Very strange.

H.